vrecko is written in C++ and uses OpenScenGraph graphics library for scene rendering which brings many advantages, e.g. the usage of the scene graph and simple setup of uncommon rendering views.
- Almost all hardware devices which are located in the HCI laboratory at FI MUNI are already supported.
- Development of new plug-ins is extremely fast – all general operations (such as rendering, device support and event handling) are already built-in. Therefore you may fully focus on the logical structure of your application.
- Moreover, you’re free to use any of the existing plug-ins to your advantage.
Composition of several various plug-ins may lead to creation of a specialized application which may be used for
- rendering of a dynamically generated and hierarchically structured world (which contains e.g. terrain, cities, road networks and/or various natural elements),
- artistic creations such as free hand painting in 3D space, geometrical and string sculptures or fractal rendering,
- real-time motion capture
- and other.